At this time Workplace Health, is searching for a Medical Assistant, to work in our Eastern Pennsylvania locations. Primary responsibilities include providing assistance to physicians and patients.
1. Oversee and ensure efficient turnover of exam rooms.
2. Maintain exam rooms in a neat and clean manner at all times.
3. Comply with patient needs at all times.
4. Escort patients from waiting room to examination rooms.
5. Remove dressings, casts, etc., and provide patients with gowns as necessary.
6. Ensure patient charts contain all pertinent information and are placed in designated areas for Physicians’ use.
7. Alert Physicians of patients’ allergies prior to beginning exams.
8. Assist Physicians with injections, aspirations, castings and/or other procedures as necessary.
9. Monitor supply levels and replace as needed.
10. Instruct patients regarding information needed once they leave the office to include:
– use of braces or crutches
– medication usage
– home exercise programs
11. Photocopy information given to patients, and place copies in appropriate charts.
12. Apply knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA regulations.
13. Performs other duties as assigned for efficient functioning of the unit that may include but not be limited to: answering phones, scheduling of patients, computer input, verification of patient insurance coverage, completion of appropriate paperwork, collection of payments, assisting in marketing and sales activities, assisting with laundry and housekeeping tasks.
Education/Training – Degree: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience – Prior work-related experience helpful.
Job Type: Full-time